My stories as a Sister Missionary serving in Mongolia.
Write me!
Email Address: amy.royal@myldsmail.net
Sister Amy Royal
5th Fl, LDS Church Bldg, Tokyo Stree 6
Bayanzurkh District, 1st Khoroo
Ulaanbaantar
13381
Mongolia

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Good Week In Mongolia


December 14, 2014
A Good Week

Hi :) It sounds like you had a busy week! Thanks for continuing to do your part by serving our ward. Seriously, when the members of the ward work together, great things can happen. We are trying to do that for our district right now. Our branch is pretty weak... People come to church and do their callings, but there aren’t real friendships being built. So I’ve been watching the district a lot and trying to figure out ways we can be better. One of our roles as missionaries is to leave the ward or branch better than when we came. And I’m trying my hardest to do that!

Here are answers to your questions.

Do you have dead time or do you go and go?

Um, dead time doesn’t’ really exist here. I still haven’t really figured out why, but I’m pretty sure everyone has a job of some sort, but they are always at home during weird times of the day. The Mongolian culture is just so different. It’s really relaxed and laid back. Most of the time, we don’t even call before we stop by. We just show up and they invite us in like they were expecting us all the time. It’s pretty nice. haha.

I have heard that Mongolian writing looks like falling knives. Is it true?

That is true! I’m learning how to write in the old Mongolian script. It’s actually kind of easy for me and looks really cool! When I’m riding on the bus, all the windows freeze and I practice in the ice on the window. People really like it. haha. It always strikes up conversations.

Are you able to sing any Christmas songs in Mongolian?

To answer your question, there are 2 Christmas songs translated into Mongolian and no one knows them. So we don’t sing them like at all. haha. But that’s ok

I ate sheep insides last night! Like straight up sheep intestines.... It was the worst thing I’ve ever tasted. Haha. I really love my companion. I really love being with her! I’m learning so much from her! I can cook Mongolian food. But not sheep intestines.

How is the house looking? Is the Christmas tree up?? I haven’t gotten lots of details on Christmas yet. This week we will get assigned a time to call. It could be anywhere from Christmas eve to Christmas night. But man I’m soooo excited! Its gonna be gooooood :)

I love you  :) Have you gotten my letters yet? I pray every day they will come to you!!! If you get them before Christmas, DONT YOU OPEN IT UNTIL CHRISTMAS DAY OK? hahah. Its the only present I could give to you guys..
Have a good week :) I’ll talk to you next Monday over email and then talk to you three days later of skype :) :)

Love,

Sister Royal

Pictures:


Oyoun Bileg and her family :)


Just reading my letters :)

I gave my comp one of the grammar books you sent me.  She’s trying to learn English and she does that book every day for language study :) So thanks :)


The cutest little puppy you'll ever see! I tried to feed it bacon-flavored chips... but he wasn’t having it.

Oyoun Bileg at her BAPTISM! Yay!

I caught the Christmas spirit I’ve been trying to deny... hahaha whoops.


I was purty excited. The best present a girl can get: a package with mommy's handwriting on it J








No comments:

Post a Comment