My stories as a Sister Missionary serving in Mongolia.
Write me!
Email Address: amy.royal@myldsmail.net
Sister Amy Royal
5th Fl, LDS Church Bldg, Tokyo Stree 6
Bayanzurkh District, 1st Khoroo
Ulaanbaantar
13381
Mongolia

Monday, May 25, 2015

Thanks For the Birthday Wishes

Sister Royal and Sister Petersen


May 25, 2015


Dears Family and Friends.

It makes me soooo happy that you guys watched that food show. Welcome to my life. It’s funny because it all just seems normal now. But when I really think about it, yeah, it’s pretty gross. The biggest difference is just that they don’t waste anything! So, I’ve probably eaten every part of an animal by now. And yeah, the milk products here.... blahhhhh. haha so. darn. gross. I was so happy to see that everyone in my family has a little more insight on the beautiful/unique culture of Mongolia! Its just soooo hard to explain it over email! hahaha. And it was also fun to take a step out of my everyday Mongolian life to remember how all of this would look from my pre-missionary life. You’re right! When I really think about it, Mongolian food is really... interesting! hahaha. I guess it’s just been so long that I’ve gotten used to it or I’ve just been really blessed ;) probably the latter. (Watch Bizarre Foods, Mongolia on Netfix or the History Channel. Make sure you have a strong stomach.)

So, I assume you’ve heard the news.... I’m becoming a mission mom!!! My trainee should get into the country next week and then we are headed to Darkhan! I’m so excited to see all my friends there! And it will be great because I will be able to actually communicate with them this time! haha. I am pretty excited but also pretty nervous! haha. It’s going to be hard training in the countryside. But it’s all pretty poetic huh? Now, almost a year later, I’m going back to my birthplace :) But until my comp gets here, I’ve been hanging out with sister Petersen in Baganuur (another small countryside town where she will be serving) It’s a white wash there, so we've spent the weekend getting to know the people and the area. Also, Baganuur is approved for biking! So, for my first time as a missionary I got to ride around on a bike! And let me tell you, it was a really surreal thing to be riding through huge grass fields field with roaming horses. It was an experience I will never forget! I am reminded each day how lucky I am to be here. I know everyone might say this, but my mission is probably the best one out there! Anyways, we made our way back to the city today and we will hang out here until Thursday!

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes! I’m headed out now to a yummy American place to celebrate :) I’m going to get a burger and a chocolate shake!

I am so overwhelmed by love for all of you! And even though we are far away, I feel so close to you all!!!! Have a good week :)

I love you :)

Love,

Sister Royal

No comments:

Post a Comment