My stories as a Sister Missionary serving in Mongolia.
Write me!
Email Address: amy.royal@myldsmail.net
Sister Amy Royal
5th Fl, LDS Church Bldg, Tokyo Stree 6
Bayanzurkh District, 1st Khoroo
Ulaanbaantar
13381
Mongolia

Monday, October 13, 2014

Love From Mongolia

 Sister Magleby and I made homemade Oreo shakes for Mongolia’s national teacher appreciation day. We didn’t get the day off of teaching like everyone else, but I sure enjoyed that shake!

 This is Gantulga and her family. They are just so great :)

October 12, 2014


Hey Family and Friends

We had a Mongolian adventure today with my companion’s English sponsor! And guess what... I got to hold a real life hawk!!! haha I have pictures, but they will have to wait till next week, I have to transfer them to my flash drive first.

Conference was great! But I missed home a lot this weekend because it was a little piece of normality. I could almost invasion myself laying on the couch, texting you guys during the whole thing.

Also, don’t worry about the police story. As soon as I sent that email, I regretted it. I didn’t want mom or anyone else to worry! I’m not sure exactly what they wanted, but rest assured, we have some great people working at the mission office that take of issues with the government everyday. I have complete trust in them :)



Also, I laughed so hard when you said you imagined a Mongolian acting out me freezing because that is EXACTLY what happened. That’s what makes it so funny! That family has become my Mongolian family. I love them so much.

Answers to questions questions:

1) Mongolian music is the bomb!!!! I listen to it every day on the bus and songs are even starting to sound familiar to me. Just look it up on youtube. But to me, it sounds like a mix between Russian music and Indian music (as in bollywood)
2) No sumo wrestler sightings yet. Its mostly just during summer time that they wrestle.
3) The most common religion is definitely Buddhism. Everyone is Buddhist here. It’s mostly just a traditional thing though. Also, there are some pretty creepy shaman people here too... like witchcraft stuff!

I love you all so much,

Remember that the Lord will shape your back to bear the load he has given you. I have learned that more in the last few months than ever before.

Sister Royal


 I was walking to English when I saw this sign. I don’t know if you can see, but it is Elder Hatton on an advertisement poster for his English Class. It was so unexpected and soooo hilarious!

 All of the American sisters watching conference!
 
Tsogbaatar and Selenge's twins. They obviously have other names, but they're called "big" and "small." Don't be confused the big one is "small" and the small one is "big." :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment