My stories as a Sister Missionary serving in Mongolia.
Write me!
Email Address: amy.royal@myldsmail.net
Sister Amy Royal
5th Fl, LDS Church Bldg, Tokyo Stree 6
Bayanzurkh District, 1st Khoroo
Ulaanbaantar
13381
Mongolia

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year




December 28, 2014
Hey Family :)

First, No apologizing necessary. Although it was stressful for like 20 minutes trying to get you on Skype, it was worth it to see your guys faces!!!! I was so nervous I was going to be so sad after seeing you guys, but it wasn’t the case at all. Seeing you has made me so happy! I was so nervous that you guys were all changing without me, but you guys are the same old wonderful beautiful family I remember! And seeing Greg and Andrea and grandpa was just the cake on top :) Seriously, I want to send a shout out for Greg and Andrea. You guys saved me :) haha. And I’m a little bummed that you didn’t get my Christmas letters in time... But they are coming your way!

Well, I don’t have much to write about this week. I just talked to you a few days ago! Last night, we went to a choir performance put on by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir of Mongolia. haha. It was actually so great. It was a beautiful mix of Christmas and Mongolian culture. Its kind of funny because church members here and kind of blended Christmas and New Years here, so people will still be celebrating Christmas until the 31. But I’m not complaining... I love Christmas as a missionary!

Man, I just love you all so much! You were the best Christmas present a sister could get ;) Keep being awesome and start counting down the days until mother’s day. haha. I counted and it’s something like 19 more weeks. That’s only 19 more emails home before I get to see you guys again. haha.

I love you more than words can say.

January 4, 2015
Hi Family :)




  



Well, happy New Year family :) I heard that you had a great time being together and staying up late doing puzzles. How fun :)  Although I wish I could be there, I’m continuously so grateful to be here! This week, we also celebrated a New Year! I love getting to see the deep culture that revolves around holidays here in Mongolia. We had to be home early that night. We had to be in our homes by 8, which was really nice because we had time to relax. So we decided to make a cake. Mongolians are convinced that they can’t make cakes. Mongolians are obsessed with cakes. They can’t ever make them in their gers and we drank some mango juice. Mongolians have this traditional dance thing that they do, so my companion taught me. It was fun :) we made a video, but I can’t send it over mail. It’s too big.... :( I just love being here! And pretty soon, tsagaan sar is coming up which is a big week long celebration celebrating the end of cold winter and the fact that their relatives didn’t die in the cold... hahaha seriously. But, Im sooo excited for it! I love the culture here! haha  I’m in a hurry, but I love you so much :) I hope you enjoy the pics.
Love you!!!!!!

Sister Amy Egch Royalth!

1) Our new years eve: cake and mango juice.



2) Nergvi (translated name: no name) She’s had a hard life. But she is so strong!

3) The cutest kids ever. I’m sorry, but there is nothing cuter than Mongolian kids.









4) Ice stautues around The UB. This years theme: Frozen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment