My stories as a Sister Missionary serving in Mongolia.
Write me!
Email Address: amy.royal@myldsmail.net
Sister Amy Royal
5th Fl, LDS Church Bldg, Tokyo Stree 6
Bayanzurkh District, 1st Khoroo
Ulaanbaantar
13381
Mongolia

Friday, June 6, 2014


Amy Off to the Mission Training Center
 Week One at the Mission Training Center May 30, 2014
May 28 2014



Bye Bye Amy


May 30, 2014
Sain baina uu!! 

Surprise! I bet you guys didn't expect to hear from me so soon. My P-days are now on Fridays. I love P-days more than I have ever loved any weekend! I know I have only been here a few days, but I am already worn out! haha. I guess that is what the mission is. My Branch President tells us that you enter the MTC and you are exhausted the whole time until the night you come home from your mission. But it is a good kind of tired. I am so happy here! I love having my name and the Lords name on my badge at all times. It reminds me of the importance of the mission. My companions are great! Sister Petersen is so kind and funny. We are so alike. Sister Cleaveland is quiet, but so kind and always so dedicated to the Lord! I feel so blessed because it is so easy to love my companions! The other Elders in my district are so great! They are in a trio as well and they work so hard! The language is hard.There is no easy way to put it. But we take all our free time and dedicate it to making up fun games to help us remember the alphabet. Our teachers are great, but they only speak to us in Mongolian. So, I spend 90% of the time feeling lost and stupid, but there is that glorious 10% where I can actually remember the things I've learned and sound like a true mongolian for a few seconds. haha. On Saturday, we are teaching our first investigator in mongolian. You read it right. IN MONGOLIAN! I am terrified. haha. And because we are both trios in our district, I am paired up with Elder Hatton, who I swear is part mongolian because he is running circles around me when it comes to the language. But, I know the Lord can strengthen my weak things and help me to learn! 

Last night, we had our first branch meeting and I was called to be the Sister Training Leader! It is basically the equivalent of a Zone leader and I am freaking out. I have only been here a few days, so I am still learning how to do things myself and now I have to help all the other sisters as well... But I am humbled by the opportunity and I pray that I wont lose any of the sisters. haha. I have only been here for a few days and I already feel like I have been here a lifetime, but I enjoy every second of it! I miss you guys a ton, But I truly know you will be blessed as you support me through the mission. 

Love you all! and I cant wait for next P-day! 

Love, 
Egch (Sister) Royal

PS, because we have to spell our name out phonetically into mongolian, I will now be known as Egch Royalth. haha oh well :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment