My stories as a Sister Missionary serving in Mongolia.
Write me!
Email Address: amy.royal@myldsmail.net
Sister Amy Royal
5th Fl, LDS Church Bldg, Tokyo Stree 6
Bayanzurkh District, 1st Khoroo
Ulaanbaantar
13381
Mongolia

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Week Of Miracles

July 18, 2014
I Love My Companions 
Sister Petersen and Sister Cleaveland


This has been a week of miracles! 

This week, my companions and I have been praying for miracles in our missionary work. But, as we prayed, we realized that there is no good praying for things if we were not willing to look for them. So, we bought a journal at the bookstore and I have converted it into my mission miracle book. And as soon as I got that book, the miracles have been flowing in. It makes me wonder if miracles happen all around us and we just don't take the time to see them.
Miracle #1
We got special permission to go visit a sick sister in the hospital. Sister Teirua is not doing well. She has been in the hospital for a little more than 2 weeks now and she is not showing any signs of improvment. I love that sister so much and it breaks my heart to see her like that, but we get to visit her weekly which is such a blessing. It was such a tender mercy and I was so happy to leave the mtc for a little bit ;) But after we left and we were waiting for the shuttle to pick us up, I couldn't help but feel like I needed to be more missionary like... hahaha we were sitting in this waiting room full of people, but I couldnt get the courage up to talk to any of them. Then, we moved outside on the benches so that the driver could see us better, (we were beginning to think he forgot about us because we had been waiting so long) and I kept saying a silent prayer in my head that I would have the courage to talk to someone. Soon, I looked over at the valet stand and I see the parking attendant reading a mini Book of Mormon. I assumed he was a member, but I decided to start small and to build up enough courage to talk to him. So I just said "Hey, I really like that book you are reading". That sparked the start of the best converstaion I have had while on my mission so far. It turns out that he had actually never really heard much about the church. He had just moved here a couple weeks ago and an old co-worker had given the Book of Mormon to him. He was bored that day and so he just started reading it. We were able to answer all his questions he had about the church and to bear my testimony of the truthfullness of the gospel. I told him to read the Book of Mormon and that if he prayed about it, he would know of its truthfullness. Then, he looked me straight in the eye and said, "I dont like when people lie to me or are not straight up with me. So, can you honestly tell me that you beleive this is the true church?" At that moment, peace overpowered me and I said with more conviction that I even knew I had in me "I know that this is the truth and I know that the Lord loves you" Our shuttle came at that moment, but we asked him to go to church and to contact the missionaries. We are going again to the hospital today, so I hope we see him again! 
Miracle #2
I GOT MY ENGLISH SPONSOR!!!!! And you know what that means..... I got my Visa!!!!! ok, drum roll please......... I will be a private English tutor for a wealthy family living in Ulaanbaatar. I can't remember their names right now... But, there are two young boys and I will be teaching them in their home after school. We do not know for sure, but they are probably members. My teacher says that if they are members, they will be really flexible with my schedule. They also said that the mission president usually uses the people with member sponsors to go out to the country side when needed. They said that I will probably be able to spend a few transfers in the country side!! ahhh! Can you beleive that?? Because I can't... hahaha. But I am so excited! 
Miracle #3
I GOT MY TRAVEL PLANS! I will be leaving on Sunday, July 27 at 8:30 PM and I will fly to LA, Beijing, and finally to Mongolia!!!! We will be traveling for a total of 2 days and we will be getting to Mongolia on Tuesday morning ready for a full day of missionary work..... hahahaha. I will not lie, when we got our travel plans, I cried so hard. It was a mix of relief and excitment and fear all put into one. haha. I mean, who goes to Mongolia??? But, That night, I was reading my scriptures and I came accoss D&C 78:17-18 Read it. It is a beautiful scripture. Sometimes, we are asked to do things that are hard and that we may not fully understand. But, we are his little children and we cannot comprehend all the blessings he has in store for us. But, until we can comprehend it, he will lead us by the hand. So be happy! Because the Lord is watching over you :) 
Miracle #4
I taught my first English class at the English Learning Center near BYU. We had a class of 8 students whose English is about as good as my Mongolian is. I was so scared! But things went so well! It makes me excited to be able to teach those cute little boys in Mongolia. 
Ok, this is probably the longest letter I have written, But I had so much to tell you! I miss you all so much but I am so happy to be here! PS, my next Pday will be on Thursday instead of Friday, so make sure to email me ;) oh and mom, I will be calling you at every airport I go to, which means you will probably be getting a call at 10PM and 2AM. Sorry if that is an inconviencence, but I will be tooooo excitedddd to sleeeeeeep! hahaha. I love you all. 

Love, 
Sister Royal 

Send a letter before  July 27

Sister Amy Royal
JUL29  MON-ULA
2007 N. 900 E. Unit 44
Provo, Utah 84602

No comments:

Post a Comment