My stories as a Sister Missionary serving in Mongolia.
Write me!
Email Address: amy.royal@myldsmail.net
Sister Amy Royal
5th Fl, LDS Church Bldg, Tokyo Stree 6
Bayanzurkh District, 1st Khoroo
Ulaanbaantar
13381
Mongolia

Monday, March 16, 2015

I Am Loving Mongolia

March 15, 2015


March 15, 2015

This was a ward activity where we learned tradition Mongolian dance. The Mongolian people are so kind and there are some faithful saints here.




Ok everyone. I have a total of 10 min to right this email. So get ready for the most condensed email ever! haha. I have so much to say! Anyways, this week has been great! I’ve official been in the khan uul area for 2 weeks and I finally feel like I’ve got the hang of it now. I love my companion sooo much. But the poor girl has no sense of direction. Which made this week the most stressful and fun week of my life. We've spent lots of days being lost and seen lots of really really nice Mongolians who are willing to go out of their way to help us find our way. I have fallen more and more in love with the Mongolian people because of the kindness complete strangers have shown to the two lost foreigners on the side of the road ;) haha. Also, I finally feel like I have gotten to know all of our people now. And I love them! I just feel a connection with them here!

Thanks for the little quote you sent me! I just love the general authorities! haha. Also, mom, I just can’t tell you how much I am falling in love with this work! I’m just so happy! I feel a connection with these people I’m working with. Before, I loved my investigators and new members. I loved them a lot. But I always felt like my comp could do a better job or that my help was just kind of generic. But coming here, for the first time I felt special. Like It’s my words and my actions that are meant to help some of these people. And it makes me realize (finally...hahaha) why the heck I was called to crazy Mongolia. Because If I can just help Ariunbold get to church or Tserma get baptized, it will all be worth it. You know? Mom, I’m just sooooo happy :)

To answer your questions, no Mongolia doesn’t celebrate daylight savings.. I don’t think at least! haha. I live in a nice apartment in the nice place of the city called Ziasan. My new ward is the pretty rich area and where all the Americans live. It’s like the Scottsdale of UB. So I’m pretty lucky :) I love you dad :) Keep on keepin on!

This week, we really felt the need to meet with a LA man named Batmunkh who hasn’t come to church in years. We had no idea where his house was or his situation. But the spirit prompted us and we followed. So, we found his house and to our surprise, he has the cutest little family in the world! We sat down with His wife and his children and taught them about God, something they didn’t know much about. And Although it has been at least 10 years since Batmunhk has come to church, he started to remember things and he gave his testimony to his family about the truthfulness of the gospel. And the family asked us to come back! It was such a miracle. And the best part it, their little daughter, Huslen, calls us almost every night to tell her about her day and to let us know that they prayed as a family. It was truly a miracle.

This week, we also met with a member family who just moved into our ward. They are such a special family with lots of cute little girls. And the mom started making huushuur, a yummy Mongolian meal and sister Overson and I realized we have no idea how to make it. So, we asked if we could help. In order to make the meal, you have to fold the dough in a really special way: and naturally, I was the worst at it! But it was so fun. The whole family gathered around the table and made huushuur together and laughed and my bad huushuur making skills :) it was a happy moment.

Family and friends, I can’t tell you how happy I am! Mongolia is such a special place and these are such special people! I miss you all, but I’m so happy for the time I have to spend with and learn with these people :) The church is so true and miracles happen everyday! We just have to look for it :)

Love you!

Sister Royal

No comments:

Post a Comment