My stories as a Sister Missionary serving in Mongolia.
Write me!
Email Address: amy.royal@myldsmail.net
Sister Amy Royal
5th Fl, LDS Church Bldg, Tokyo Stree 6
Bayanzurkh District, 1st Khoroo
Ulaanbaantar
13381
Mongolia

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

I love Mongolia

September 27, 2015
Hi Family and friends :)

Hahahaha! It makes me so happy and makes me laugh so hard that I have such a connection with a super moon. They were real the whole time! lol. Also, I absolutely LOVE that talk about the music of the gospel. I have it printed out and put in my "RM" binder. Did I tell you I have a RM(return missionary) binder? It’s full of talks and stuff about being a good person... and a good wife and mom... haha. Typical. Anyways, you and dad always did a good job helping us to hear the music and you were always good at just letting us kids enjoy the moment. So thank you :)

This week, I got a new companion. She is brand new, straight out of the MTC. haha. She is really cute and nice. She is pretty young. You know how on the mission they call trainers moms? Well that is really the case with us. I am a mom and she is my daughter. lol. But we have a lot of fun together :)

So, have I told you about my investigator named M? If you look at the last baptism pictures I sent you, you will see one with a guy with curly hair and a yellow jacket. That is M. He is truly a miracle. He came to church on his own one day and we started to meet with him. From the first meeting, I knew that this guy has seen a hard life. And as I’ve gotten to know him more, we have really become great friends. And he has opened up to me. From the age 13 he started smoking and drinking. He has lived a drunken life until he was 25. During that time, he was in jail, homeless and unhappy. He even said that during that time, one night he was drunk and desperate and robbed a couple of two foreigners with white shirts and ties and black name tags just like ours... When he was 25, he stopped drinking on his own but still was searching for something. So he decided to try religion. The reason he decided to choose our church was because every other Christian church doesn’t like our church, but we never say a bad thing about other religions. That interested him. So he came. And since that time, he has changed so much. He has been meeting with us almost everyday. The other day, we taught the word of wisdom with a member who used to be a chain smoker like M and at the end, the man gave him a priesthood blessing. That night, he called me. He said, "I’m reading the Book of Mormon. Is that blessing that I got real?" I said, "Yes, it absolutely is". And, after a little silence he said, "Yeah, It is real. I don’t feel like ever smoking a cigarette again." My eyes filled with tears. I just love this guy. The gospel truly changes lives. And now, he is about to be baptized into the same church of the missionaries he stole from. The gospel is so true!

I love you  :) I hope you have a great week!

October 4, 2015
Hello Family and friends,
Man, I’ve really wanted you this week. haha. So sorry if you’ve been worried about me this week. I got pretty sick up in Darkhan. So, doctor Lewis sent me back to the city to get some tests. It was really pretty awful, especially considering that they didn’t put me to sleep or actually give me any sort of medicine. I really wish you were there for that. But, its over now. As far as everyone is telling me, they are pretty sure I have some sort of bacterial infection. But, it will be ok. Everyone is being so kind to me :) So you don’t have to worry about me. We’ll get it figured out :) 10 more Sundays. And even if I’m sick for the rest of those 10 weeks, that’s ok. The Lord is helping me along. And you really don’t have to worry mom. I got lots of tests done and even though they aren’t really sure what’s wrong, everything else in my body is very normal. I’m pretty healthy. Don’t worry, we are close, even though we actually couldn’t be any farther from each other. And people are taking good care of me :)

I love you!!

Sister Royal



No comments:

Post a Comment