My stories as a Sister Missionary serving in Mongolia.
Write me!
Email Address: amy.royal@myldsmail.net
Sister Amy Royal
5th Fl, LDS Church Bldg, Tokyo Stree 6
Bayanzurkh District, 1st Khoroo
Ulaanbaantar
13381
Mongolia

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Winter has come to Mongolia



September 2015
Friends and Family
Everything is good here in Darkhan. I think I’ve mentioned this before, but we are the only ones in Darkhan and the work is just soaring! We literally have no time to meet with all of the people we have to meet with! We are trying to go on splits with members almost everyday on top of teaching English at the church and at the immigration office... Most of the time we don’t even have time to eat! But its ok, we won’t be this busy forever. New missionaries are hopefully coming our way this week! And on the up side, I think I”m loosing weight! haha. We are running everywhere, trying to do splits with members every chance we get. We don’t even have time to make food for ourselves... but, its kind of nice being busy. Time really flies that way. I can’t believe its already Monday again! Anyways, Sometimes, being on a mission and having church in a foreign language, its easy to zone out, think about something else, think about my investigators or the lessons we will be teaching that day. But, you just reminded me how important it is to learn from church. And then apply what you learn into your life. No matter where you are or what language it’s in, we can all learn something new each week at church. 
That’s so funny that you emailed me about the addiction recovery program this week because my companion and I were just talking about it this week! We have an investigator who is awesome! But, he smokes like a chimney. For example, at church, he goes out every hour to smoke and sometimes during lessons he says he needs to go smoke a cig... its so bad! So, we just gave him the book on the LDS Addiction Program and my companion is also working on it for her personal study. It’s such a good program. Probably some on my most spiritual moments were when I was working with those people in the program at BYU-I and working for myself. We all have addictions. We all have character traits that we want to fix, but we just can’t. But, it’s through the atonement of Jesus Christ that we can change. And that is exactly what the ARP program is: it’s the savior’s atonement broken down into 12 easy steps. And we all need the atonement. So keep it up mom :) I’m glad you thought of me this week :) 
As far as Bayarjav's seminary class, I know him! In fact, I work with him a lot! He is in my branch in Darkhan :) I will talk to him about it. I actually think they would LOVE it. It would be a good chance for them to practice their English. I'll let you know about it next week :) (Note from Patty: The Mountain Pointe HS seminary class are going to be pen pals with the Darkhan, Mongolia seminary class. We are very excited!)
This week has been really busy, but really great! We are back in the city... again! haha we are having a mission conference this week and elder Gong from the 70 is coming. That will be fun! I’ll take some pictures. 
The weather is getting a little cold, but its ok, because it means that December is coming soon :) hahaha. I love you! 
BTW, I am having a dress made for Lisa’s wedding. I went and picked out the material last week and it is almost done. I think it’s going to be really cute! Well, I sure love you guys. 
Welp, I love you a lot! 
Love, 
Sister Royal 


Pictures:

#1  U___. She is a 22 year old girl who has been an investigator of the church for a year now. I found her when i was in darkhan the first time and I got the opportunity to see her be baptized this week :    
#2 Mongolian Art
#3 Meeting with Elder Gong

No comments:

Post a Comment