My stories as a Sister Missionary serving in Mongolia.
Write me!
Email Address: amy.royal@myldsmail.net
Sister Amy Royal
5th Fl, LDS Church Bldg, Tokyo Stree 6
Bayanzurkh District, 1st Khoroo
Ulaanbaantar
13381
Mongolia

Monday, November 10, 2014

Greetings from Mongolia


These are Amy's letters from the last 3 weeks

October 27, 2014
Hi :)
Well this week I said goodbye to my trainer and my area. Sister Magleby left for home this week and I go transferred to Svxbataar. The area is seriously huge! Our area goes clear out to the end of the city. Its practically in the country side! ha-ha. My companion is seriously an angle! Her name is Sister Altantsetseg and she has been on her mission for 5 months now. She speaks so quickly! ha-ha but she is so patient with me!
This week, I feel like I have turned a new leaf. Although I was sad to say goodbye to my trainer, I have gained a new love for Mongolia and for missionary work! I love it here! I will send pics next week :) Love you all.

Love Sister Royal

November 3, 2014
HI mom :)

Yeah, Sorry about these last few weeks! I’ve been a bad daughter! ha-ha. Now that I’m with a Mongolian comp, I’m getting used to blending two totally different cultures together, you know? And one of those things is pday... She doesn’t have anyone to write. No family or anything. So sitting here watching me email all my friends and family probably isn’t very fun for her.. So my email might be short, but they are full of love and happiness :) I hope you know that!!

So here is some more info about my area: We are on the very other end of the city. In Unur (my last area) we were on the far north or the city and now we are on the far far south. My area is seriously huge! It will take me the next year just to find my way around.. ha-ha but its great. My old area was mostly apartment and now we are all in ger districts! My companion is great. She speaks really really fast... ha-ha so my listening skills are improving! But we are able to joke and have fun together. She is currently learning English while I’m learning Mongolian, so its been fun helping each other out. I love learning about this new culture! my companion is always really nervous about me being cold, so she makes sure I’m nice and warm. So you have nothing to worry about :) I eat meat for every meal. ha-ha literally. Its not real food unless there’s meat in it. I’m definitely putting on the pounds for winter... whoops! The other day, we went to a members house and did service and it was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do! ha-ha. She had us sawing wood for her winter supply. The Elders came by and we were all chopping and talking and having fun and I realized that I was speaking Mongolian! ha-ha. I love those moments where I catch myself speaking Mongolian without actually thinking about it. It doesn’t happen very often, but when it does, its great :) hmmm... Anything else you want to know? ha-ha there’s a lot I’m sure, but I can’t think of anything... I’m still trying to get to know my area and the people in it. Because its so big, we haven’t had time to meet with many of our normal people, So its been kind of hard for me. But I’m learning :)

Man, I just miss you so much! I know I say it a lot, but it’s because I actually and really mean it. I never thought that I would miss you guys so much! But I guess it’s a blessing right? I’ve been blessed with on great family :) Tell Jack I say hi ok? ps, Will you double check the mailing address you are sending to? I haven’’t gotten a letter from you guys in months! I miss seeing your handwriting!!!!

Anything else? Ask me anything :) I love you. I love the lord. I love Mongolia.
Until next week :)

Love,
Amers

aw man... this stinking computer isnt letting me send pics... again! Next week.. Just know my comp is a super cute little mongolian ;) haha. Maybe Ill just send real pics in the mail.
Ok, I love you!! Stay warm there is Arizona ;)

ps, just a little under 2 months and I get to talk to you :) :) I cant wait to hear your voice!!!!!



November 10. 2014
It’s Been a Good Week
Hi Family and Loved Ones :)
 I’m glad to hear all is well in Arizona! I thought about you guys a lot this week! Man, I don’t know why, but I was just so worried about you guys... ha-ha weird, I know.
So, we were in a lesson and my companion shared a scripture out of the blue in D&C 118:3. And it was in Mongolian but I understood every word perfectly. As I continue to serve faithfully here in Mongolia, I know you guys will be blessed. I know that was an answer to my prayers and worries. So, I hope you can feel my prayers and see that blessings that come from my service :) I also hope you know that I love you. My emails may sometimes be short (oh and I have no idea how to send pictures home... my little device that I used to use broke... But I’m working on it!) But never forget that I love you, ok?? The biggest trial and biggest blessing of my mission so far has been missing my family! You guys are just all so great!
So, this week was full of little miracles. First off, last Monday, we went to a single lady named Naraa's house for FHE. She is probably about 45 years old and she is the strongest member I have ever met. She recently got back from a mission in Ukraine (She left exactly a year after she was baptized) and I seriously believe that our little branch would be nowhere with out her. Anyways, she invited us over for FHE because each week she has all the little girls in her little ger district come over and work on personal progress together. Most of these girls don’t have much family support and there is currently not a young women’s leader in our branch. So, she has taken it upon herself to help these girls out. As we witnessed the service of this faithful lady that Monday night, I was filled with so much love and appreciation for her. She is a lady who has seen a lot of sorrow in her life and she is rough around the edges, but her heart is so kind and I am so grateful for her.
Later that week, we were out in the countryside basically after a long day of meeting with ALAs. It was dark, cold, and buses were scarce. Man, we were both just ready to be home and not in very good moods. So, I decided that if we were going to wait here, I might as well make it fun. So, I started singing a song... ha-ha. I just started making up words to different children’s tunes. At first, my comp wasn’t having it... but after a little while, she started sing too and by the time the bus came (30 min later) we had made up the cutest little Mongolian song. ha-ha. And now, ever time we are waiting for the bus, we sing it. This week, I also taught my comp an English phrase. Are you ready for it..... "Whatas up, Buddy?" ha-ha. It’s the cutest thing you will ever hear! When we wake up in the morning, she greats me with a "Whatas up buddy?' and I answer back "Nothing much, buddy!" ha-ha Its my favorite!
Overall, I’m very happy here! It’s getting colder but I’m feeling warmer than ever. Cheesy.. Yes. But it’s true!
I love you mom! Any updates on the package yet?? I pray every night that I’ll get it. Ha-ha seriously! I need some love from home :)
I love you,
Love,
Sista Royal 

No comments:

Post a Comment